How To Get Here
Sahainan is located in Thung Chang District in the far north of Nan Province, Thailand. Here is the easiest way to get to the farm:
- Arrive at the Seven-Eleven convenience store in Thung Chang (the only one in town)
- Take a seat at the Green Shop across the road, and let us know that you have arrived. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Phone: +66 098-773-7947
- Wait 20-30 minutes for us to come pick you up and take you to the farm. If we are unable to pick you up, we will arrange alternative transport.
* Please inform us of your estimated arrival time at least one day in advance so we can arrange to pick you up and bring you to the farm in a timely manner.
Approximate Travel Times
From Nan: 2 hours by bus, 70km. Red buses run hourly everyday from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m.
From Chiang Mai: About 4-6 hours by own transport, 350km. If you take the Green Bus from Arkhid Bus Station to Thung Chang, it will take about 7-8 hours.
From Chiang Rai to Nan: 5-6 hours by bus.
From Bangkok: About 10-12 hours by bus from Mochit Bus Station, 750km.
From Laos: 1 hour, 50km. Buses run more frequently on Saturdays when the Huay Kon border market is open. Many of our volunteers do visa runs here.
From Phrae: 2 hours.
From Pitsanulok: 5 hours.
* Domestic flights are available from Bangkok to Nan and from Chiang Mai to Nan.